Site: Fraser Health, Public Health
Application Close Date: April 1, 2019
Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Audiologist in our Public Health Department
located in Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows, British Columbia.
Build on your education & career experience as you:
• Perform audiological assessments – on a referral basis – for infants, preschool and school age children with suspected hearing disorders and/or related disorders.
• Identify, assess, diagnose and provide rehabilitative treatment to clients with hearing disorders.
• Perform follow-up testing and adapt assessment and testing procedures to accommodate clients of different ages and clients with special needs such as the physically, mentally and/or multiple disabled.
• Evaluate, select, and fit hearing aids for clients, provide ongoing monitoring of hearing aids, and coordinate funding assistance for clients requiring hearing aids.
• Provide guidance to Audiometric Technicians by ensuring standards are met, are familiar with program policies and directives through a process of orientation, and by regular communication and updates.
• Provide input into the audiology program by analyzing priorities, recommending equipment acquisitions and replacements.
• Develop and maintain effective and efficient communication links with the community by liaising with colleagues, community agencies, schools, government and other health care providers.
To read the full Job Description, click here.
Please visit https://careers.fraserhealth.ca/search-jobs/postingdetails/?posting=1149478E to apply and learn more on this position.